Monday, December 20, 2010

The Terror (1963) Quick Review



The Terror (1963) Dir. by Roger Corman

A young officer in Napoleon's army pursues a mysterious woman to the castle of an elderly Baron.



Anything by Roger Corman is usually a given for me. His movies are usually face paced and cheesy, but in a good way. While the movie isn't that bad, I feel like The Terror was extremely boring. Maybe I am saying that because I really enjoy alot of Corman's films, but The Terror is long and very slow paced. The peformance are top notch as usual from Boris Karloff and Jack Nicholson, but they just didn't seem to help it.



The special effects, when there were any, were pretty good. I understand that this movie had a whole bunch of different problems with it, and there are five different people that were behind the camera at some point in time, so this movie was just a big mess from the beginning. I did enjoy seeing Jack before he was technically Jack, and I always love Boris, but the storyline was just so confusing, and had more twists the final hour than day time soaps, and that made it kinda hard to follow. I may try to watch it again at some point in time, but for now Inception was less confusing.

Entertainment Value: 4/10 French Soldiers
Cinematic Value: 5/10 French Soldiers

1 comment:

Franco Macabro said...

Nicholson also appears in Cormans The Raven, and Little Shop of HOrrors if Im not mistaken. It's fun to see his humble origins as an actor.