Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Time Out For A Talk - Bianca Barnett + Trailers



Time Out For A Talk - Bianca Barnett

I first came across Bianca Barnett while perusing some independent films on a website where I stream movies. The movie was called In A Spiral State, and a even though it took me a couple times to come around to the movie, I was blown away by the acting of this Bianca Barnett girl. I brought up the trusty IMDB profile, and saw that she was involved in a whole slew of Horror-ish movies. So I started making my way through her filmography, and by this time I had also sent her a message asking to do an interview. She agreed! I couldn't believe the range Bianca had for the characters she played. She is an unbelievably good actress, and I was so excited to do an interview with her. She has great movies like the previously mentioned In A Spiral State, not to mention Albino Farm, The Fear Chamber, Monster Mountain, Craig, The Devil's Muse, and Canes. These are the movies that have been completed. That doesn't include the ones coming out, which I'm sure she will tell you about. So without further time wasted, here is her interview:




R.D. - I suppose I can start it off with the typical boring question interviewers hate to ask, but readers love to see. How did you come to enjoy horror so much?


Bianca - I have loved horror since I was a little girl. I suppose growing up in the ‘80s definitely influenced that! It seems like horror and special effect makeup was being perfected during that era. I was always drawn to scary movies and books, and I definitely still have a place for them in my heart today.


R.D. - After watching my way through your current filmography, I can’t help but notice you seem to be taking larger roles as you go along. Are you ready for bigger (not necessarily better) roles, or are there a few leading lady performances in your future?


Bianca - I don’t have a problem with supporting roles in movies. I would love to work on something with a large budget that reaches a mainstream audience. I will always work on smaller films, too, because I am a big fan of independent cinema. I am in negotiations to have a leading role in an action film called, “Vengeance Wears a Skirt” and The Cthulu Key, which is inspired by H.P. Lovecraft’s writing.


R.D. - You have recently been involved with a project titled The New Face of Fear. Is there anything you can say about what the project is about, or what it was like to work with other amazing scream queens like yourself?


Bianca - They are all amazing girls, so professional and very easy to talk with. I love working with women and getting to know all of these interesting, creative people. I’m not sure what’s going on with that project, but I hope it gets released soon. As an actress, I just show and do my part, get paid, and go home. Sometimes what I work on ends up stuck in movie purgatory.



R.D. - Describe your thought process when choosing a film to audition for, or participate in?


Bianca - I begin to think about what this character is going to look like and what she is going through mentally, physically and emotionally. I always start by putting together a wardrobe and makeup/hair styles in my head. I know it seems odd, but I enjoy building a character from the outside to the inside. I want to really become them on-screen and lose myself in the part.


R.D. - You are in a genre filled with blood, gory guts, and pointless nudity. Still, you remain a strong willed, respectable woman with rules. How does it make you feel, knowing you are using your acting talent, rather than looks, to establish yourself in film?


Bianca - Thank you so much! I’m not sure that I’m that talented and I know that there are a million women that are better looking than me trying to get into the same business. I feel fortunate that I’ve been given the opportunities that I have and that people are interested in what I do. I really want to be a positive role model for people and not get caught up in any sort of scene or clique.



R.D. - Don’t get me wrong, you did an amazing job, but how does a woman as beautiful as yourself transform into Pig Bitch in Albino Farm?

Bianca - It took anywhere from three to four hours for Jason (Barnett) to apply the makeup. It weighed nearly five pounds and obstructed my breathing and eyesight. Some days I was in makeup for over twelve hours! It was a very, very challenging experience, but I gave it my all and was definitely glad that I had the opportunity.


R.D. - What do viewers have to look forward to in the future for Bianca Barnett?

Bianca - I have a cameo in the film, The Toy Box, directed by Michael Colburn in Texas. Jason Heath’s The Cthulu Key is going to be one of my first lead roles, and films this summer. I also am in negotiations for a film called Hellstorm that starts later this year. There are a few other projects in the works, but I cannot talk about those just yet!


R.D. - If you had to pick a favorite moment in your career, on screen or off, what would it be?

Bianca - I have been invited to Texas Frightmare Weekend ’10 as a guest! That’s just amazing!!!


R.D. - Have you given anything thought to behind the camera work, or are you strictly an actress?

Bianca - Strictly an actress right now, but when I am more financially stable, I’d love to produce a film.


R.D. - What is your favorite horror movie?

Bianca - I can’t just choose one!!! Lately, I’ve been watching obscure finds from the ‘70s and ‘80s. Some are lost gems and others are just so bizarre, they are great fun! Jason and I try to watch one movie every night and right now, we’re watching “The Severed Arm”.


R.D. - Is there a woman in horror that you look to for inspiration?


Bianca - I admire a lot of them, but there isn’t one person that I look to for inspiration. I would love to try other genres, and generally, I like to think of myself as an independent film actress... for now!



R.D. - Is there someone in the horror genre that you would like to work with in the future?

Bianca - Yes, Vincent Price, but alas, that will not happen. What a class act!


R.D. - You are married right? What is it like balancing your relationship with work?


Bianca - Jason and I each have our own identities, but we always spend quality time together, whether it is watching movies, going to dinner, or just grocery shopping. We definitely have films planned for the future that we would like to create together. I really love spending time with him- he is quite funny and a real joy. Things in my life have been very positive since I have met him and I hope our relationship, and our friendship, continues to grow. He is very special to me.


R.D. - Now here is a spot for you to give your shameless plug for anything coming out, or already out.

Bianca - Please stop by my website, which is in the process of being revamped, and other social sites- http://www.biancabarnett.com/.com , http://www.myspace.com/bianca_barnett, http://www.facebook.com/Bianca.A.Barnett , and http://www.twitter.com/biancabarnett .








Thank you so much for the interview Bianca. I know so many people are looking forward to seeing what you accomplish in the future. You are definitely heading in the direction of big things. I hope everyone else enjoy Bianca's interview as much as I did, and I hope every heads out there and tries to find ways to watch her movies. Well, that's it for this edition of Time Out For A Talk. Now back to more movie reviews! YAY!

No comments: