Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Real Apocalypse Sounds Enjoyable



A wise Mr. Dunlay once said something I couldn't bring myself to believe. He said Legion sucks. I was thinking "how is that possible?" It has everything you could ask for in a comic book movie. It has an amazing cast: Paul Bettany, Lucas Black, Tyrese Gibson, the absolutely visually stunning Adrianne Palicki, Charles S. Dutton, Kevin Durand, Willa Holland, Kate Walsh, Dennis Quaid, and the amazing Doug Jones! That is an all-star cast if I have every seen one. This movie was an outstanding piece of art(sarcasm). Im sorry if this is a spoiler, but Doug Jones is in it for like three minutes! Probably the best actor in the film, is in it for three minutes! The first twenty minutes of the movie are pretty cool though. Then, the next fourty-five are about as intertaining as watching paint dry. It felt like a rip off of The Prophecy, only boring. By the time I got to the last tweny minutes of the movie, I wasn't at all interested in it. Sure it picked up a bit again, but the damage was already done. Yes, Paul Bettany and Kevin Durand were awesome badasses in the film, but that couldn't save it.

Scott Stewarts first attempt at an action flick was a failed one. I thought, "He should never do another action movie again." Then I remembered, oh yeah, he is doing the comic adaption of Priest, and he is going to have Paul Bettany as the main actor again. I'll let it go for now, but only because the comic is pretty amazing. If he fails again, I'm going to throw him into the Uwe Boll catagory thats only reserved for the absolutely worst filmakers ever. I wouldn't recomment this movie to the people who have a snow day, and the cable is out.

Entertainment Value: 3.5 unborn babies out of 10
Cinematic Value: 3 unborn babies out of 10

1 comment:

deadlydolls said...

Wow. Good to hear this. I spent about half my birthday (a Monday, ugh) debating whether I should go see this or just head home and eat fried cheese with DVDs. Glad I made the right decision!